welcome to my blog!

come inside and view the visual delight that is my words and thoughts typed all in one convenient space know as blogger, enjoy the tantalising sensations of my witty vocabulary served on the golden platter of the internet, wonder through the elaborate crockenbouche's that are my blogs, and if you dare, try the sweet deserts know as hyperlinks and travel to a distant place to which your senses have never been,

neon lights

neon lights
universal is taking over the world and not just ours, universal now owns the wizarding world

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FTP and web publishing

FETCH!
that cute little puppy of a program is what makes web publishing so easy.
just upload your word files, correctly saved and named, to the server and all of your content is out in the world wide web.
their are a lot of little steps to take if you want to move or make modifications to any file though, and if you put a dot or a dash in the wrong spot somewhere along the way you could be lost forever trying to find out what you did wrong and why all your pretty pictures now all look like question marks. yes that did happen to me once, but i rectified the problem and now my page looks as good as new. check it out right here
i also think its great that the uni allows us to download fetch for free! which i have now done.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jo.
    Your blog is awesome. I just came to see if you had a better description of ftp on your post than the one that wiki gave us. I sort of get it, but not enough to write a decent post on, and you always give me a hand when I can't log in to something or some simple shit like that.
    Also, how did you get music to play on your blog? It's wicked. I've been trying to figure out how to do that.
    And how did you download fetch? Did you have to take your computer to school?
    Reply to my blog if you want.
    Peter Fraser
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

 

accutane lawsuit